Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No GUTS No Glory!











So, for our family night activity we "gutted" our pumpkins to carve them. The kids were super excited, especially Haleigh. THEN I actually cut off the tops to do the gutting and Haleigh did NOT think it was very cool anymore. In fact she wouldn't go near her pumpkin after that. She went around the house the whole night saying "gross" and "disgusting!" So, I got to do the honors. Even the boys weren't too hip on it - and they are my boys who love to get all gross and dirty/muddy in the summer! Unfortunately, it took us so long just to clean them out that we didn't have time to carve them and the boys were super disappointed! So here are some pictures of the gutting - the finished products are to come...




3 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

Haha! Love the title! You must be extra glorious, then, mom. Isn't it funny how at the oddest and usually most inconvenient times your kids ideas and opinions change?

Nikki said...

I love her face in the last picture. It says it all!

Unknown said...

I used to think that the insides of a pumpkin were so slimy. I'd have to wash my hands like 15 times. Kids are so funny about those things.