Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A smile



So, Max is finally starting to smile for us. He is so close to cooing and making those cute little baby noises too - instead of just crying or fussing when wet or hungry. It is amazing how much that makes the newborn stage worth all the struggles. I swear I have been through it with this postpartum nonsense. I started with a rash from the tape they used for my epidural. Unfortunately I got an anethesiologist with a notion for A LOT of tape, so it was all over my back. I then proceeded into some sort of allergic reaction to it. It lasted at least 3 weeks. Finally after days of lotions, benedryl and 2 rounds of steriods my back cleared, then I got hives. Not just a few. A LOT! All over my body. When those cleared it spread to my hands. It was sooo itchy that I would wake in the night and want to cry because they would be on fire. So, again I got some cortizone with a kick called in from the doc. It finally has gone away and let an aweful dryness all over my hands. I don't know quite what to do now except A LOT of lotion. It seems to help, but not enough. In the middle of this somewhere I also got a bladder infection - NOT fun. Now, I have strep throat! Yep, it doesn't end. I went into the instacare last night with a sore throat and a fever and I just knew since I felt so crummy yesterday. I am sure I got it due to my immune system going crazy and just DONE popping pills, since no one else in my family got it (and I hope they don't). The point of my complaint is that I don't think of it much now that it has mostly subsided, especially when Max smiles at me. Or when he is just laying in his bouncy chair being content. Amazing what a smile can do... We have yet to catch the cute little smile on camera, but here is a darling picture I took of him anyways.

2 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

Hi Amy! I didn't know you had a blog till I saw the link on Gent's. Congratulations on your little guy, he is adorable! They're worth all the trouble. And some bring more than others, huh. Glad you're feeling better.

Cassidy said...

He is so cute! I can't believe how big he is! Miss you!