Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Make it PINK, Make it BLUE!


This is my solution to our boy/girl room dilema - have both! Just ignore what I look like...

Max's side of the nursery
Haleigh's pink princess side of the room

Max seemed Happy with the finished product!

So, I finally did it. I painted Max's side of the nursery. I think part of me still wanted to be in denial, and most of me knows that I needed to just do it and get it over with. See, I was sooo excited to have a girl when Haleigh came along that everything was pink and feminine... So, for me to have to paint over that longed for wall color was the last thing I wanted to do. But, I found a solution that works for me for now. Since they have to share a room I thought Haleigh should still get her pink girly room and Max definately needed something different and more boyish. So, my amazing mother went about making a BLUE crib set to match the pink bedding she made for Haleigh. (Their bedding is really cute together) And in order to get the full effect of the "boyness" we painted the wall BLUE where Max's crib is. Not ideal, but cute nonetheless. So, here is to little girls and to little boys and also to Sleeping Beauty, who inspired my choice of blog title! ;) And here are the pictures for the full effect.

11 comments:

Gentrey said...

I'm trying to decide which is more awesome: Haleigh's and Max's room or your fabulous shirt.

Lady Bills said...

a) LOVE the title reference... i can actually hear you quoting it in my head.

b)LOVE the room... totally cute


c) LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of the kids... i love them and could squish them all the day long!

MamaSue said...

I love you Amy! I love your mom too! I love the quote, I love the room. Not too sure about the shirt. Sue

Tiff said...

So cute, the new bedding your mom made is darling! And the kids look so sweet!

Unknown said...

Amy,
that actually turned out so cute! Very creative, and the crib linens are so amazing! I love the sleeping beauty quote.

JessieC said...

I LOVE the matching quilts, they are too cute. I need to get your mom to make me one for addie's room. Yes, let's have dinner together again soon, and you can come see those trunks anytime and see if you want one. We have plenty! :) The room looks great!

meg said...

Your cute kids look so happy! They know they have such a sweet mommy and grandma who work all kinds of magic - (Heidi, Amy and Meriweather!) Love the title, too.

caron said...

Adorable! I love their little smiles.

The Mike and Heather Thomas Family said...

That blue is perfect! Your Mom is amazing I love Max's bedding. It looks awesome with Haleigh's. I will have to come over and see it!

Tarina said...

Darling bedding, can I hire your mom to make me some? This solves a dilemma for me if my next is a girl :) I think you did a great job!

Tarina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.