Saturday, January 3, 2009

Made in China


So, I know I have been gone for a month, but believe me there has been PLENTY going on! The first of many entries I have to catch up on is this one... A couple of weeks ago I was laying in bed feeding Max in the morning while Tyler and Gabriel were in the bath. Because of the close proximity - and the thin walls of our home - I could make out most of the words in their conversation. I REALLY wish I had recorded it, but there was no time, so I tried to remember what I could and write it down when I had the chance because I thought it was so hilarious. I hope you feel the same. It goes as follows:
(Just as a little preface, my mom had bought them some Christmas bath fizzies that they happened to be opening at the time this conversation took place)

TY: This bath fizzie was made in China. (said matter of factly said)
GABE: It is?! (amazed)

TY: Yep. (I am so smart to have noticed)

GABE: No way. (unknowingly in a state of complete shock)

TY: Yeah. Look, it says "made in China."

GABE: China made water? How did they make water? (my turn "Oh Gabe, what have I NOT be teaching you?" goes through my head)

TY: No. The BATH FIZZIE was made in China. See look, C-H-I-N-A.

- a small pause then took place as Gabe tried to process this information -

GABE: It starts with a "C" (said in a kind of put out way, because to him c says "K")

TY: Yeah.

Then, the I can sound words out better than you arguement began, and unfortunately I can't recall exactly what was said after that because the phone rang, but what a riot! I thought to myself, do EITHER of them even know where or WHAT China is? They seemed pretty in awe about the whole thing. It was CLASSIC to me and I hope it provides some kind of a chuckle from you. AGAIN, one of those moments you wish you could replay and capture on film for future use. :)


For anyone still reading my blog - in hopes that I might have SOMETHING new and interesting to add soon - I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a merry Christmas. Here's to the year 2009. I hope it is the BEST yet for ALL of us.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

That's awesome Amy! Some of the best conversations between brothers happens when they think no one is listening. I love listening and watching little kids as they discover new and exciting things. Alex has been asking to go to China ever since Kung Fu Panda came out. He thinks it's just a short flight away and cheap to get there!! They are so funny!