Wednesday, January 14, 2009

stitches, carrots and sweetness= My BOYS!










I know none of these items really follow each other but this is how my life is. Out of order... Stitches: Yesterday morning I forgot my phone and the school tried to call me to let me know Tyler split his head open before school even started! He was climbing up the stairs to the slide and must've been going to fast, so he fell and bonked right below the eyebrow on the bone. I went to kickboxing and in the mean time Roger went to the school and picked up Tyler. So, he came and got me from the church and I went out to look at Tyler's cut and about passed out. It wasn't just deep it was split wide open! My kids sure know how to do it right. So, I took him to our pediatrician's office and they numbed him with some gell and stitiched it up. I thought for sure it would take tons of stitches, but it only took 7. I was SO super proud of Tyler because he is such a nervous kid around dentists/doctors, but he was so brave! Didn't move a muscle during the procedure - however he did want to know if we were done every 5 seconds. :) I couldn't really watch. Things like that don't usually bother me when it is my kids, but this made me kind of queezy. So, we both made it through and he got to get a kids meal and ice cream after we were finished. Once we got home he was regular, energetic Tyler within a half hour. I had to keep asking him to settle down in fear of breaking something else. I am just grateful things turned out ok. So, that was our fun morning yesterday. Hope you don't mind the graphic pics. Skip over them if you get sick like me.




Carrots: Max turned 4 months on Monday, so I decided I would try some baby food today. Needless to say it was a disaster! My other kids made the funny faces when I gave it to them for the first time, but Max flat out refused to chew and swallow! He just spit it out and kept putting his hands in his mouth so I couldn't even get the spoon in! I am not giving up, but it does look like I am in for a challenge with this babe. He's already too smart for his own little good. Really cute though, even with carrots smeared ALL over his face.




Sweetness: And as for a sweet little boy, my Gabe has been helping me put Haleigh down for her afternoon nap. Our routine goes, pick up Gabe from school, feed Haleigh and Gabe and by then Max is screaming to be fed and put down himself. So, lately I have been feeding Max and Gabe takes Haleigh up and gets her into bed with her sip and "gick" - blanket - and he reads her a book or two and she is happy and goes to sleep. Then I usually give him a treat, which is also sweet. For me it helps so much, that it is worth giving in on goodies and he is such a cutie to do it too! I have great kids. :)

3 comments:

Lady Bills said...

first off- TYLER is the MAN! i love that he is still a spaz moments after the mortal wound! awesome!

secondly- HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! i can't stop laughing at the pic of max HATING the carrots! HAHAHAH! seriously- i've been laughing for about 5 minutes straight!

last but not least- i freaking LOVE how sweet gabe is! this does not surprise me to hear that he is mr. mom with haleigh! that kid warms my heart.

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Gentrey said...

Love the second carrot picture of "Mini-Gabe". You could win a photo contest with that one.

Hope Tyler is feeling better and you can send Gabe over whenever you want. Justin would love that. Also, he was really sad the other day when Haileigh left. We'll have to let them play together more often.

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

That story about Gabe is the sweetest thing I have ever heard!

I am not ready to start the whole baby food thing. SOOO messy!

As for Tyler; scars are cool! Right?