Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thirty Shmirty







So, I did it. I made it through Thursday without trauma or tears. I turned the big three zero... that is to say I turned 30 years old on the 13th. It is funny how much I was dreading being out of my 20's, but now that it is here I really don't feel any different. (that might be subject to change when I get asked my age and I realize I have to say thirty, but hopefully it won't matter at that point) So, I started off the day with some fabulous friends, you know who you are, at the deli for a yummy bagel sandwhich for breakfast. (Thanks!) Then I came home to my lovely mother redecorating my bedroom for me. I actually requested it, since I never know when I will have the money to do it. So, I have blogged my "new room" for you all. She never ceases to amaze me. I only told her the colors I wanted and she did all the rest, on a budget mind you. She is a bargain hunter and she finds the best deals ALL the time. (wish I had that knack) When she was finished she wisked my kids away to her house for the night so Roger and I could go out to dinner. We ended up at the Olive Garden, and there was only a ten minute wait - score! So we had yummy food and boxed up a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake to eat at home once our stomachs didn't feel so full! (salad and breadsticks baby!!!) Roger bought me some flowers, a cheesy card, and a pretty necklace - all in all I'd say thirty isn't too bad after all. :) (the pics are for you Sue)

3 comments:

Gentrey said...

You're sooooo old now. I bet you envy me and how I can brag that I'm still young for another 8 months.

Your room looks awesome!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! We need to go to lunch this year! I said that last year and it never happened. I will call you soon!

MamaSue said...

Thanks Amy. I love your mom! The room is awesome. Happy Birthday! Thirty was great, and so are all the years to follow.