Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Grattitude, LOVE, and Respect

My very own Indiana Jones!
My "Sister" Peggy and I

AmyJo (the recipient) and Peggy (the donor) I love these girls!


My husband, striking his usual "Hurry and get this over with" picture pose!



I have been trying to get my kids into the "Thanksgiving spirit" with everyone else telling them to skip ahead to Christmas. I will totally admit to the fact that it has been difficult not to fall into the same trap! I LOVE Christmas. However, I want my kids to learn grattitude just as much as I want them to enjoy the Christmas holiday season - it is MAGICAL. With that said I want to express my GRATTITUDE to my husband who singlehandedly (if that is a word) took care of our family for two days while we were sick. (which is a lot of work - I know! - and more difficult when we all have the flu so we can't help at all) He did all the grocery shopping, and put all the groceries away, and made himself dinner - he actually doesn't mind doing that stuff normally anyways, but he was also taking care of us in the mean time. He even sacraficed leaving the last BYU home game at half time because I was starting to feel crummy. What a good husband! :) I am grateful for his hard work ethic and his willingness to go to work when he isn't feeling 100% himself. Here is where the "LOVE" portion of this blogging comes in: He loves me for me and lets me know it. He love our family. I love him for all he is and for making me laugh when he does goofy things. I love that we can have fun together. I love how he tries hard to be a better person and do his best at all he does. I love that he has passions like football and blue ray DVD's - even though they can get expensive. I LOVE YOU BABE. Now on to another type of love. Today my sisters - in - law are in surgery. One, Peggy, to give a kidney... The other, Amy Jo (the original Amy Deming), to get a new kidney that should last her the rest of her life. A perfect example of love and selflessness. My prayers are with them both for a successful transplant. I have TONS of LOVE and RESPECT for these girls. They are my sisters, while mine is in Heaven. I am so blessed with FIVE lovely sisters in law! I know this truly is a blessing from above. Heavenly Father knew that I would need them. Last night we got together for an early "Deming Thanksgiving", since we aren't sure if the girls will be up to turkey this year after the surgery. I love family. Heavenly Father sure knew what he was doing when he sent us loved ones to be with us in this mortality. I will take it, quirks and all!!! This season is truly a time to be grateful!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How did the surgery go?