Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Funny...but not




My parents bought Kung Fu Panda and let my kids borrow it until they get sick of it. We watched it as a family a couple of nights ago and I forgot how funny that movie is - we saw it in the theater when it came out. So, there is a line in the movie that my kids just happened to pick up on and it isn't something I neccessarily want my kids to understand - but they did. Let's just say it has something to do with the "unmentionables" and goes a little something like this... "Oh, my tenders!" So, just now we were all sitting in the family room and Haleigh purposely falls down on the couch and - yep, you guessed it - yells out, "Oh, my tenders." I was right ready to sternly tell her not to say/do that anymore and instead I had to cover my mouth and turn my head so she couldn't see me laughing... however, my boys could tell I was so they started in and then she thought she was even funnier! I finally got myself under control enough to make her stop... mostly I just had to ignore her and she got it. So there you have it, funny...but not?

2 comments:

Nikki said...

So funny! I love the randomness of our kids. They always pick up the exact things we don't think they are even paying attention too.

PS...Happy Birthday!! 30 isn't so bad! :)

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

That is so funny! I never even caught that in the movie! Cute blog too! Love the Christmas theme. And as for my picture taking skills. I have none. I just set the timer and hoped something would turn out. I guess I got lucky that day!