Monday, July 9, 2007

The Lemonade Stand

Well, it is that time of year again. When children want to do some serious business and they put out the stand. You have all seen it, "$.25 for lemonade." Tyler saw two little girls doing just such business and went to investigate. We ended up buying the worst tasting tang in the world, but two little girls were fifty cents richer. As we were leaving Tyler asked them what they were going to do with "all that money?" One girl replied, (kind of snooty), "Go to the dollar store." Tyler was sold! Two days later we did our own lemonade stand. It was hard to sit in that heat - his little face was bright red within minutes. As a mother my heart ached as car after car passed and nothing. I wanted an aunt Peggy there very badly! I knew she would pay for some decent lemonade. He ended up with a grand total of $.95! He wasn't as disappointed as I was, for which I am grateful. Maybe we will attempt it again some time. But for now, I am glad he has learned that not eveything in life comes easily and that sometimes business is slow, but you can still find joy in the little things. (like the dollar store!) Hope you all stop and buy lemonade the next time you see a stand. I know I will...

1 comment:

Lady Bills said...

OH MY GOSH--- I SO WOULD HAVE BOUGHT $800 WORTH OF TYLER'S LEMONADE... please do it again when i come in aug... please!!!!