Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

Tyler's Valentine Lion - they got to wear pajamas to school too!
Gabe's Valentine heart vest with a message for me, and Haleigh eating a sucker and posing for the camera!



This is Roger setting up our romantic dinner :)This is the kids interupting our romantic dinner - knew it was too good to last too long!



So, did I mention I had a great Valentine's Day? My husband pulled out all the stops this year. Instead of going out and waiting in huge lines and spending lots of money on dinner he decided he wanted to put the kids to bed early (haha) and make me an good old fashioned romantic dinner at home. So, he got out the new tablecloth, bought some new votives and candles, already had the roses and made some steak, potatoes and all the yummy sides to go with it, including hand dipped chocolate covered strawberries! One of our favorites. Mind you he did all this on his own and he even let me pick the movie to watch afterwards (I chose Emma) and he even offered to paint my toenails... I considered it for a second, then thought I had better just do it myself. (I probably should have let him attempt it for romatic purposes) So, for the love of my life, thank you for making my Valentine's day special! You make me smile - lots!!! My kids didn't make off too bad either! (these are pictures of them after their parties at school)

1 comment:

Gentrey said...

He offered to paint your toenails? That is totally romantic. I don't think that would ever cross Mike's mind to suggest something like that. Not too long ago I asked him if he could help me cut my toenails (since it's hard for me to access them right now) and he kindly told me no.

You are one lucky woman.