Saturday, September 27, 2008

My helpers and such...





Just thought I'd share some pics of the kids "helping" with the baby. I haven't been too up on blogging lately, but I am sure you all understand with having a new baby in the house. He was quite easy the first week of his life. Ate, slept, ate slept. Now he is having some tummy issues, I think. So, sleep is becoming something of an effort. He sleeps plenty during the afternoon, just night is a challenge. I'm sure we will make it through...we always do. It is my fault for bragging to everyone after the first week that he was such a good baby, which is still true for the most part. I think I am finally adjusting to and facing the fact that we were meant to have this little boy join our family instead of the girl we thought. I have to admit I have had moments of mourning for our "loss." It does get easier every day. Max is such a cutie that we are all in love with him. My mom and I are slowly making changes to the nursery. I have been hunting for paint and my mom is making efforts towards a new blue and brown quilt for his crib. Change is hard for me, but I am trying to remember that this is Heavenly Father's plan for us. I just wish I had known 6 months ago! Everything happens for a reason. I have faith in that. Just not always sure exactly what that is. Roger and I still feel like four kids is a good number for us... but sometimes I really wonder if there is that girl waiting for us? We actually ventured to the mall today because I desperately wanted some shirts that fit me now and I think we both went away thinking how we could add any more kids when we can't even handle two of the four we have! But, I also know that if we were told/prompted to have another we could do it. That is crazy talk coming from someone on half a nights sleep and two weeks post partum!!! (and I am sure my husband would freak out if I did recieve any sort of feelings) Any ways, I am not sure exactly where I am going with this so I won't go on too much more. Just wanted to share some things going through my mind these last few days...More pics to come I am sure - because, hey its me!

3 comments:

JessieC said...

He is adorable. I am so sorry about the tummy problems, Cadence had some of that, call me if you need some ideas. We went through quite a few different strategies with her. Good luck, and call your home teacher if you need a break at 3 am :)

Tiff said...

Cute little guy, Amy! I love the picture of Haley and Max, so sweet! Keep up the good work, and I'm gonna close now because William thinks he's 'helping'!

Michelle said...

It looks like you have lots of good helpers! I hope Max starts sleeping better for you at night. There is something to be said for a good nights sleep!