Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our GINORMOUS surprise!!!





Well, we had our baby on September 12th at 2:34 pm. To our complete shock, "Isabella Evalen" came out a BOY! So, for those who haven't heard, we had our 3rd boy and HIS name is Maxwell "Max" James Deming. When he was born the doctor put him on my lap and turned him over and the first thing Roger said was "That's not a girl!" I couldn't quite believe it. You always hear funny stories like this, but it wasn't happening to us. Then I looked down and sure enough, he had boy plumbing. I think we were both in shock for about 30 minutes at least. I couldn't even talk in fear of crying. I hope that doesn't sound too bad. But when you have a pink nursery and car seat and you have been planning for a girl for 6 months it is really trippy. I am ok for the most part, but sometimes I have to remind myself that this baby we took home is actually ours. Since this pregnancy wasn't planned he will always be our double surprise! He is a cutie and of course we will love him just as much as we would had he been a girl, but it is still so crazy! Some advice to all of you moms, don't always believe the ultrasound tech! :) We will be repainting part of the room, since he is sharing with Haleigh and the room is most definately pink. And, yes, I had to take my son home in a pink car seat! Luckily I had plenty of family that raced out to the store and bought me a bunch of boy things so I didn't have to bring him home in a pink and brown heart outfit! That would have been good blackmail for later in life I suppose. Anyways, he is here and he is healthy! For that I am truly grateful. Love you all and thanks for your love and support. We only got a couple of good pics so far, so I will post more when I got them.

12 comments:

JessieC said...

We are so excited for you, but I am bummed that Addie lost her only girl playmate in the neighborhood:) Tis' the season for boys around here. Cadence loves Gab and Tyler, so I'm sure Addie and Max can still be friends. Call if you need ANYTHING

Fatty said...

He is so adorable!!! I'm so excited for you although what a shocker! I had a doctor tell me his 3rd was supposed to be a girl according to ultrasound...you just can't be too sure! Wish I could be there and see the cute fella! Good luck in the coming weeks with 4! I'm glad all went well!

Fatty said...

Oh and Great name!!!!!

M+J=K3+E said...

Congrats Amy. He is a cutie!!! What a surprise :)

Michelle said...

Congratulations! That is so crazy! You better watch him close, he is one sneaky little guy! :) I can't wait to see him!

Unknown said...

Amy- w.o.w. This is definitely your years for surprises. My mouth dropped open in church when they announced that you'd had a boy. I couldn't believe it. yikes. But he is BEAUTIFUL! Such a pretty newborn. Hey, that's something. You didn't get a girl, but you sure got a pretty boy. Call if you need anything, and Congrats!

Nikki said...

Congrats Amy! I am so excited for you. Boys are fun! That was quite a surprise though. Glad you are handling it so well!! He's beautiful.

caron said...

He's adorable! In a handsome way, of course. Congratulations. It will be a fun thing to talk about for the rest of his life. We still pull out my little brother's blessing dress from time to time for a good laugh (we thought he was a girl, too).

The Mike and Heather Thomas Family said...

You look so cute in your pictures, especially for just having gone through labor all day. Congrats on Max, we will have playing!

The Mike and Heather Thomas Family said...

I meant we will have fun playing!

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

What a huge surprise! Lori had Meg tell me what happened. I thought she was joking or confused. She is only 3! I could not believe it. He is so very cute though. Love his name too! Good luck with everything! Call me if I can help!

Susanne said...

Your husband bore his testimony a few weeks ago and told about your little boy arriving. That is super trippy. He sure is adorable and you are being a good sport. I think I would cry for a while just while I was adjusting. You have such an adorable family. Hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. OH, and Andi and I got our VT done, so count us in.
Congrats!!!!