Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Pirate Adventure

So, yesterday I got to play pirates with Gabe. He was the captain and I was his guard. (Some guard huh? A nine month pregnant mom) I usually don't like this sort of play, I am more into tea and princesses lately. But, I decided it is time to start making more time for my boys and their likes. (wish I was more energetic and motivated, but he didn't seem to notice) So, I scrubbed the floor and put the chairs in a row in the front room and that was our "ship." Gabe made us a map and I found a souvineer key from Nauvoo that we used when it was convenient to have a key. He would hide goodies for us to find and we would get in the ship, get to land and sleep. Then wake up and take our "adventure" to find our treasure. There was always something like a forcefield or giant crabs in our way, but we defeated them with our broom and brush and the key, of course. We did this about 3 times before I told him we needed to get some homework done - I know, party crasher huh? He wasn't too happy to stop. But, Haleigh woke up and played with him for a little bit too, so I didn't feel as guilty for getting my own chores done. I guess I was kind of proud of myself. Usually I have so much to do that I don't put time into things like this, which is just too sad! Life will always be busy. Life will always have a mess in the house somewhere. But, life doesn't always get to have a pirate adventure - for a day, I took time and I did! Hope you all have your own little unexpected adventures! (I thought about taking pictures, but didn't - so you'll have to use your imagination) P.S. FRIDAY IS BABY DAY!!! I will blog baby pics and stuff when I get a chance.

1 comment:

Cassidy said...

Good luck and make sure to post pictures!!!