Monday, August 18, 2008

School is in... We are a Happy Family!




So, Tyler started his first day of second grade today, hooray! I love my kids, but by the end of the summer they are bored and therefore tend to get into more trouble than usual. I am looking forward to this year for them. Ty's teacher seems really nice and like she will be a good fit for him. Tyler and I tend to butt heads more than we should, so this is wonderful because he comes home and we are ready to love each other and I am not all over his case all day and he isn't feeling picked on all day... It is a win/win situation! Thank you public school system! :) So, today felt smooth and I wasn't stressed hardly at all. I still got everything done that I needed to around the house without feeling overwhelmed chasing kids and picking up after them all day. Part of this has to do with Gabe when Ty's not around. It must be that there is no competition because he was pretty chill all day. Even though he destroyed his room he actually cleaned up after himself without much prodding. Again, a win/win situation. Gabe is actually starting kindergarten next week, and I am super excited for him too. Then it will be Haleigh and I for 2 weeks, and then a newborn - goodbye routine! I am trying to stay mentally tough and plan for the best. Things will work out, even if it takes a little time getting into the swing of things again. But as for tonight I wasn't exhausted from the day and I even let the kids make cookies for family night - when I usually don't feel up to the mess. So, all in all we are a happy family, again!

No comments: