Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Rainy Memorial Weekend

Roger setting up the tent.


Shucking the corn for dinner. :)






Cutest baby ever!!!
The kids did their version of "Narnia" to pass the time. :)



So, I'm not going to pretend that I am not behind. I am just going to plow forward with May's events and hope to not get too behind in June's events during this process. I have some pics from Memorial weekend and our "attempted" camping trip... See, we went camping with my parent's and our friends (& family;) the Becksteads at my parent's stake property in Indianola... SOOO fabulous! Greatest campsite/facility ever and I was stoked since we were the only ones that were going to be there! We got there Friday night, set up camp and started some dinner. That was the night the rain started. It rained off and on through the next morning, then it pretty much never stopped after lunch on Saturday. At least it was endurable until the downpour. It rained, and rained and rained... ok so you get the picture. If you ask my husband he'll say that I am famous for being over-prepared. This time I was over-prepared for a summer camp - not a mid-fallish with rain camp. It got cold and wet and my kids were full of mud and everything was damp. Don't get me wrong, they were sad to leave even when they couldn't feel their fingers! :) It was a memory and we will probably try it again some time since the campsite had a sweet pavillion, a firepit and the best part - FLUSHING toilets!!! My parent's got some great "muddy pics" but my camera died in the morning.(Haleigh full on plowed into the mud - she has my grace you see) :( The saddest thing is that we had put tons of preparation into this camp. My mom had brought loads of great activities and fun things for the kids and we had sat down and planned out these yummy meals - which we were able to have a couple of at least. We were going to stay Friday through Monday and by Saturday night we knew we had to leave. (no dry clothes being the #1) One plus is that we did get to do s'mores on Friday night - YUMMY! That is the best part of camp. ;)





3 comments:

meg said...

WOW - what a weekend! I totally hear you on how hard it is to get to blogging sometimes. I love to do it, but let's face it, it's just not at the top of my list (or should I say, Janie's list?) It's fun to hear about what's going on with you guys, even if it's not very often. So thanks for taking the time for it!

Gentrey said...

You forgot to mention our big tent sleep over. :)

Tiff said...

We sure miss camping with you guys! My mom said you had a great time on the 4th of July. It's strange not being camping, but I suppose I am 9 months pregnant...