Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our 24th of July weekend






I love holidays! My husband is home and we get to do fun family things. This year we had some of Roger's family over on the 24th and did some fireworks for the kids that night. Haleigh wouldn't stop talking about the fireworks once we bought them, because she had seen some up in the sky from outside of Thanksgiving point and she loved it. Then, when we started shooting them off the ground just feet in front of her she was a little more reluctant. However when the others kids would cheer and clap she would join them, then promptly put her hands back into her mouth and look a little worried! By the time we were finishing up I think she felt pretty comfortable though. Kids really make holidays what they are huh? On Friday we joined my parents and some of my relatives up in the Uintahs to camp overnight. The kids all had such a blast with my cousins kids and there was hiking, exploring and dirt a plenty! (which you will see in the pics I took) I enjoyed the evenings and mornings, but the afternoon was roasting hot!Haleigh had a few spills on our hike to the river and her legs are pretty beat up, but she is a tough little girl. I think my boys' fingernails will eventually look clean again, but they had tons of fun with the "snake hole" they think they found, the Batman masks my mom made and the scavenger hunt my cousin did for them. As for me, I have showered twice and I think the smokey smell is gone! All part of the fun though. I love camping and I am so glad my husband and kids have fallen in love with it as well. After all it is tradition!!!

No comments: