Monday, June 23, 2008

7 going on 16



So, okay, my son Tyler who is only 7 is so acting like a teenager in every way these days! Last week he was out playing with a friend and all of the sudden he's not in the backyard. So, I being the "responsible" mom that I am decided he must've just gone to Ben's house which is right behind our house and to the left. So, I didn't call to check up on that, but all the sudden he's back and so are 5 other kids (and a couple) of mom's. These kids were all dressed in costumes because Tyler and Ben ran invitations around - yes they even made invites - saying we were having a costume party. So, I have to humbly explain to these moms that I had no idea that he had done this - again really responsible huh? One mom thought it was very creative, which I thought was the last word I would use. Needless to say he was grounded the next day - mostly for going down the street without asking. Now I can look back and kind of chuckle, but it was a stressful moment in my parenting life. So, then today, one week from the costume incident, Ty and Gabe were in the back yard playing and I got a phone call. So, after hanging up I notice it is pouring rain and I needed to call them in. But, they weren't there. I went all around the yard calling for them and finally I hear them in the back again and this time they inform me they went to a neighbors house were they were having a yard sale. They took the change from a piggy bank and bought a couple of toys. Now I wasn't too happy at first, again because they left the yard and because they spent their money without asking. I told them firmly that they are not adults and they still need to check in with me before leaving the yard and spending their money - which I am sure really impacted them? So, now they are sitting on the couch, grounded once again. I don't think Gabe would ever attempt something like this on his own, and I am sure Tyler is the mastermind behind most of these things, which makes me so worried for when he actually is a teenager! I can kind of laugh at it at this moment in time, so I even took a picture of their "spoils"... As for Haleigh, she has taken to hiding when she poops, and when I ask if she did she always says no. So I took a picture of the crusty look she gave me after finding her in the corner "not pooping." I hope you all enjoy my drama more than I do these days! I'm sure you will all get a laugh at my expense, either because you've gone through it or because kids do the darndest things!

No comments: