Monday, February 22, 2010

Birthday Cake Bragging Rights?

This is Gabe's Mario and Luigi cake.
Gabe taking a bite out of the Luigi Cupcake that took me forever to make! LOL


Tyler was showered with Mario stuff, of course!

Who needs presents when the bags they come in make me this happy?



My Mario boy! Uncle Adam told him to wear his costume for the party and he thought it was a good idea!




The final product of many hours of work. This is made out of fondant, rolled and molded. I know, I know... I MUST be nuts!







Ok, so I don't proclaim to be a professional by any means and I really don't like braggers, but these cakes/cupcakes took A LOT of time and effort and I have to feel pretty pleased with how they turned out. It seems kind of fruitless as you watch them become devoured 5 minutes after you put the finishing touches on, but I guess I do it for the challenge AND I love to see the excitement on my children's faces. I don't know if I will ever do it again, so I took plenty of pictures to prove that I was a cool Mom for at least one birthday!!! (The boys, Tyler and Gabe, both wanted Mario Brother's parties - so they got two different Mario cakes) Can't believe, as of today, I officially have a 7 and 9 year old!!! That makes me older. Happy Belated Birthday to Gabriel (his was January 31st). He got a new bike! Happy 9th Birthday Tyler!!! He thinks it is pretty cool that he is born the same day as George Washington. I don't blame him. :) I have some pretty great kids - even if they make me crazy some days! P.S. The next time I post I will be bragging about DisneyLand, in a non-bragging way!

7 comments:

meg said...

those look incredible! way to be a rockin' gamer momma! you should get two stars and mushroom for that (the mushrooms are good, right?)

have fun in Disneyland!

meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
climbingtothestars said...

Those cupcakes look AMAZING! Great job! I like Gabe's cake too! Too bad for my kids they won't ever have a "cool" mom that can do that. We will have to rely on Grandma!

Tarina said...

Wow, you definitely have bragging rights after making that cake and those cupcakes. I don't think I would have had the patience to do it. Way to be the coolest mom ever!!

Gentrey said...

Yes, you totally have the right to brag. They look awesome. (And here I thought I was being SO fancy using a star tip to pipe icing onto Kenzie's cupcakes. I feel so lame now.)

Tiff said...

You so deserve bragging rights, those are AWESOME cakes, cuz! I can't believe you did the whole fondant thing, I'm way impressed!

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

You are awesome! Those cupcakes are totally brag worthy! Sheesh!!!!!