Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gag Reflex









Ok, I don't know what it is with my kids and their gag reflex but I swear it is stronger than most! I think Gabe is the only one who hasn't truly dry heaved in his entire life. Even our baby has shown early "easily gagged" signs! Tyler is our CLASSIC and most EASILY gagged child. If you even put a piece of pork on his plate look out! We can't decide if he really has a choice or if it just comes naturally to him to be able to dry heave when there is something in front of him that he would rather not eat. However, I am getting off the subject of this particualr entry. Haleigh had NEVER shown signs of being easily grossed out enough to dry heave/gag... until she decided to be a big helper and feed max his rice cereal mixed with formula and applesauce. Holy Cow! That girl can GAG! It was quite comical at the time. She took the spoon and started to feed him, then out of no where she dry heaves! NO IDEA where they get it from, but it is just crazy to me. And all she says is, "Yuk, I don't like baby sauce!" Then, she would CONTINUE feeding him, just to be GAGGED again! Silly girl. It was a noble effort, but she didn't last too long so I finished the feeding while she stood to the side, looking like she was holding back a gag. SIGH. Hopefully her stomach gets stronger as time goes on. But only time will tell. Hopefully these pictures give you some of the effect of the event as it occured. (Of course I had to get my camera out for it)

2 comments:

JessieC said...

All good parents take pictures of their children doing silly things instead of helping them first:) at least i do! I am sorry about your problem, Cadence use to throw up if she cried too hard so I understand. At least it's mostly just dry heaving.

JessieC said...

Hey I thought we were doing dinner again this month? Let me know :)